Chief Executive and Founder
of Rhodes Smith Consulting
Dr. Ian D. Brooks is the chief executive and founder of Rhodes Smith Consulting. He’s been leading people and organizations through the process of intentional transformation for 24 years.
His clients include Netflix, Nike Inc., Shondaland, Sony, Warner Brothers, Bank of America, Kaiser Permanente, and their executives.
His book Intention: Building Capabilities to Transform Your Story integrates experience and personal journey in guiding readers toward introspection and action when transforming their stories.
Dr. Brooks cherishes helping people move incrementally toward sustained achievements, with a special focus on technical transformations, coaching leaders and individuals develop capabilities to realize change. With a PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Marshall Goldsmith School of Management at Alliant International University and a Masters’s in Clinical Psychology from Auburn University at Montgomery, Dr. Brooks combines scientific approach and practical application in his coaching practice and organization change.
He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Morehouse College.
Dr. Brooks has extensive experience in executive and
leadership development and succession planning,
change management, business performance consulting,
communication planning and execution.
His experience highlights include:
- Create Leadership Development programs that included needs assessment, curriculum design and the development of training collateral
- Succession Planning and top talent identification/development for critical business roles
- Provide individual and team coaching in areas of change management, process execution and personal development
Partnering with individuals focused on clarifying their paths and improving their stories through:
- Life Coaching
- Career Management
- Enhanced Personal Performance
- Relationship Management
- Health and Wellness
Change Management Organization Development
- Global Change management lead ensuring appropriate alignment and execution for impact
- Documented communications and change strategy for day-by-day workable plan ensuring consistency of messaging and sustainment necessary for organization change implementation
- Develop change management and engagement roadmaps for implementation increasing project success and end-user commitment to change
- Develop and execute Senior level communications for corporate large-scale change implementation